On 2021-01-20 08:50, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
Thanks for looking into this. I would like to keep both the LSN_FORMAT and LSN_FORMAT_ARGS but with a note that the first can not be used in elog() or in messages which require localization. We have many other places doing snprintf() and such stuff, which can use LSN_FORMAT. If we do so, the functions to output string representation will not be needed so they can be removed.

Then you'd end up with half the code doing this and half the code doing that. That doesn't sound very attractive. It's not like "%X/%X" is hard to type.

--
Peter Eisentraut
2ndQuadrant, an EDB company