Sam Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> For SPI, I'm thinking that I'd currently like to attempt some object
> orientated style interface. ...
> So running some SQL would probably look something like:

>   for (row in spi.prepare("SELECT 1 AS n").query()) {
>     print(row.n);
>   }

What's not apparent to me is how one can avoid re-planning the query
every single time the function is called?

More generally, I think that the average programmer would rather just
not be bothered with all these details; he'd want to write

  for (row in spi.query("...sql..." [, arguments])) { ...

I don't object to exposing the machinery for those who like to play with
such stuff, but you should have shortcuts to keep the simple things
simple.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq