Dave Page wrote:

Just curious, but isn't that something the buildfarm would be good for? generate/commit a 6.1 version of configure, and see if any of hte buildfarm environments break ... or am I missing something 'post-install' that could be affected?

Maybe the BF members could just run their default autoconf as part of the build if they have one.

We are making a mountain out of a molehill here. We've managed to get this right for years with very little fuss. Why make infrastructure to handle a problem that is at most marginal? I have more pressing concerns that building an autoconf step into buildfarm.

(And I share Tom's concern about version compatibility - the autoconf team don't have a great record on that IIRC.)

cheers

andrew

      match