Marc G. Fournier wrote:

- --On Friday, November 16, 2007 18:00:26 +0000 Dave Page <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
Maybe the BF members could just run their default autoconf as part of the
build if they have one.
you lost me on that one ... Tom is hestitant about moving to 6.1 because we
don't know what the fall out will be ... since I imagine the fallout would
be  in the configure/build stage, if we modified CVS to have a 6.1 configure
script  in place, wouldn't the buildfarm servers not be a good means to test
*if* there  is any fallout?
If the first thing some of them do is re-run autoconf, then we should get
test results for a variety of versions as found on various distros. We would
then be able to tell which versions may or may not work which could help us
when we need to upgrade, or if someone has problems with a specific version
when hacking (which should be rare I appreciate).

Ah, okay, you are going for the 'remove pre-built configure from cvs' route .. that works too, and does make sense ... wouldn't definitely make sure we get broad coverage ...

No, I wouldn't remove it - leave it there for some BF members, but have others regenerate it just for test purposes.

/D

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq