Marc G. Fournier wrote:

- --On Friday, November 16, 2007 11:10:09 -0500 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I'm really not
too sure what the functional incompatibilities between versions are,
but given the extent of line-by-line diffs I've seen in the output of
even adjacent versions, this isn't a question I want to take lightly.

Just curious, but isn't that something the buildfarm would be good for? generate/commit a 6.1 version of configure, and see if any of hte buildfarm environments break ... or am I missing something 'post-install' that could be affected?

Maybe the BF members could just run their default autoconf as part of the build if they have one.

/D

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate