Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, since EINVAL is the default result from _dosmaperr, and none of
>> the cases it represents are "expected", why don't we just remove all of
>> the explicit mappings to EINVAL from doserrors[]?

> Well, the problematic routine is not already using _dosmaperr currently.
> It is doing it's own mapping and neglecting to report anything.

Oh, well then why are we arguing?  There is no reason at all to assume
that _dosmaperr wouldn't give us a sufficiently good fix on the error
if it were only being used.  At the very least, I think we should put
in Magnus' patch and find out whether it gives sufficient information.
If it doesn't, then we can think about changing to a higher log level.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq