On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:45 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> If you are a postgresql hacker at all, or even want to be one, we need your
> help reviewing patches!  There are several "easy" patches in the list, so
> I can assign them to beginners.

It would be a reasonable rule that all patch submitters also have to do
patch reviews. If we made it a strict rule, then sponsoring companies
would know that they *must* provide money/time for that aspect also.
Otherwise it is almost impossible to get formal approval to do that.

I count more than 20 patch authors that are not reviewing, including
myself. Of that, there are at least 5 people on their second or
subsequent patch (figure probably wildly inaccurate, since don't keep
track of that).