Simon Riggs wrote:
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:45 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

If you are a postgresql hacker at all, or even want to be one, we need your help reviewing patches! There are several "easy" patches in the list, so I can assign them to beginners.

It would be a reasonable rule that all patch submitters also have to do
patch reviews. If we made it a strict rule, then sponsoring companies
would know that they *must* provide money/time for that aspect also.
Otherwise it is almost impossible to get formal approval to do that.

All this would do is to deter people from submitting patches. Hard rules like this don't work in FOSS communities. I know it's like herding cats, but persuasion is really our only tool.

cheers

andrew