Simon Riggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Unofficially, well done to everybody that submitted patches in time for
> Commit Fest. The queue has grown significantly over last few days and
> it's clear many people have been working very hard right up to the
> deadline.

"Well done"?  It seems to me that we are right where we hoped not to be,
ie with a ton of barely-completed (if not self-admitted WIP) patches
dropped on us immediately before feature freeze.  Today the commit fest
idea is looking like a failure.

If we actually manage to ship 8.4 within six months, *that* will be
"well done".