Guillaume Smet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to warn people that I'm making a comprehensive proof reading of
> the release notes.
>
> Here are the first comments:
>
> - "This was available previously via a configure
> --enable-integer-datetimes (Neil Conway)" -> I don't think we need
> Neil's name in the details
> - "New semi- and ansi-joins (Tom)" -> s/ansi/anti/
> - "While semi-joins merely replace existing IN joins, anti-joins are a
> new capability for NOT IN and NOT EXIST clauses (Tom) This improves
> optimization possibilities." -> remove the "(Tom)", s/EXIST/EXISTS/
> - "IN and EXISTs now provide similar performance for equivalent
> clauses. " -> s/EXISTs/EXISTS/

Above fixed.

> - "A new constraint_exclusion setting, "partition", which matches this
> behavior." -> this sentence is weird

Yep, new wording:

       A new constraint_exclusion setting, "partition", was added to match this
       behavior.

> - "Move that server statistics file into the subdirectory pg_stat_tmp"
> -> s/that/the/ ? I think this item can be grouped with the following
> one "Allow the location of the new pg_stat_tmp to be configured via
> the stats_temp_directory setting"

Agreed, new merged text:

     <listitem>
      <para>
       Move the server statistics file into the subdirectory pg_stat_tmp
       and allow its location to be specified via stats_temp_directory (Magnus)
      </para>

      <para>
       This allows the statistics file to be placed in a RAM-resident
       directory to reduce I/O requirements.  On startup/shutdown, the
       file is copied to the top-level $PGDATA directory so it is preserved
       between restarts.
      </para>
     </listitem>

--