Simon Riggs wrote:
I will set-up pg_standby as an external module and we can change it from
there. No more discussions-for-8.4 and I can update as required to
support each release. So let's just remove it from contrib and be done.
Counterthoughts?

We're in Beta. You can't just go yanking stuff like that. Beta testers will be justifiably very annoyed.

Please calm down.

pg_standby is useful and needs to be correct. And its existence as a standard module is one of the things that has made me feel confident about recommending people to use the PITR stuff. I'll be very annoyed if it were to get pulled.

cheers

andrew