Andres Freund wrote:
BTW, has anyone tried validating the XML at all? I just looked very
briefly at the patch at
<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg01944.php> and
I noticed this which makes me suspicious:

+       if (es.format == EXPLAIN_FORMAT_XML)
+               appendStringInfoString(es.str,
+                       "<explain
xmlns=\"http://www.postgresql.org/2009/explain\";
<http://www.postgresql.org/2009/explain%5C%22>;>\n");
That bug is fixed - as referenced above I wrote a schema and validated it. So, yes, the generated XML was valid at least before the last round of refactoring. And I looked through the output quite a bit so I would surprised if there is such a breakage.
then someone needs to update the commitfest page with the lastest patch. That's
the link I followed.

Hmm. I wonder how i got the link to an old version of the patch.

Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed.

cheers

andrew