within source code, build options there is:

- Reserve the shared memory region during backend startup on Windows,
  so that memory allocated by starting third party DLLs doesn't end up
  conflicting with it.  Hopefully this solves the long-time issue with
  "could not reattach to shared memory" errors on Win32.

I suggest that it should also be pointed out that this fix will be
backported to 8.3 and 8.4 (as much as I followed the ML); similiar to the
information at

- Fast shutdown stop should forcibly disconnect any active backends,
  even if a smart shutdown is already in progress. Backpatched to 8.3.

best wishes

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa