Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> Another option would be to call it "inherits_ndistinct", or something
> like that, which seems a little more readable, but not great: I don't
> think there's going to be any getting around the need to RTFM before
> setting these parameters.

Well, the previously agreed-to syntax was SET STATISTICS DISTINCT.
I don't see a problem with using "distinct" and "inherited_distinct"
or something like that.  "ndistinct" is probably not a good name to
expose to non-programmers.

The must-RTFM argument is fairly weak, though, since these are knobs
that only advanced users would twiddle anyway.