--On 14. Januar 2010 16:04:17 +0900 KaiGai Kohei <kai...@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:

This patch adds:

  List *find_column_origin(Oid relOid, const char *colName)

It returns the list of relation OIDs which originally defines the given
column. In most cases, it returns a list with an element. But, if the
column is inherited from multiple parent relations and merged during the
inheritance tree, the returned list contains multiple OIDs.
In this case, we have to forbid changing type and renaming to keep
correctness of the table definition.

Here's a slightly edited version of this patch from reviewing, fixing the following:

* Fix a compiler warning by passing a pointer to skey to systable_beginscan() (it's an array already)

* Edit some comments

The patch works as expected (at least, i don't see any remaining issues). I'm going to mark this ready for committer.

--
Thanks

        Bernd