Joshua Tolley wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Having concluded I really need to start playing with hot standby, I started
> looking for documentation on the subject. I found what I was looking for; I
> also found this page[1], which, it seems, ought to mention hot standby.
> Comments?
>
> [1] http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/high-availability.html

Ah, I now realize it only mentions "warm" standby, not "hot", so I just
updated the documentation to reflect that;  you can see it here:

        http://momjian.us/tmp/pgsql/high-availability.html

        Warm and Hot Standby Using Point-In-Time Recovery (PITR)

Do we want to call the feature "hot standby"?  Is a read-only standby a
"standby" or a "slave"?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us