Markus Wanner wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Ah, I now realize it only mentions "warm" standby, not "hot", so I just
> > updated the documentation to reflect that;  you can see it here:
>
> Maybe the table below also needs an update, because unlike "Warm Standby
> using PITR", a hot standby accepts read-only queries and can be
> configured to not loose data on master failure.

Ahh, good point.  I had not considered the table would change.  What I
did was to mark "Slaves accept read-only queries" as "Hot only".  You
can see the result here:

        http://momjian.us/tmp/pgsql/high-availability.html

I did not change "Master failure will never lose data" because the 9.0
streaming implementation is not sychronous (see wal_sender_delay in
postgresql.conf), and I don't think even setting that to zero makes the
operation synchronous.  I think we will have to wait for PG 9.1 for
_synchronous_ streaming replication.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us