On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 12:04 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> Huh?? The evidence that this bug is linked with HS is that it occurs
> on a server running in HS mode, and not otherwise.  As for whether the
> bug is code I committed, that's certainly possible, but keep in mind
> it didn't work at all before IN HOT STANDBY MODE - and that will be
> code you committed.

I'll say it now, so its plain. I'm not going to investigate every bug
that occurs on Postgres, just because someone was in HS when they found
it. Any more than all bugs on Postgres in normal running are MVCC bugs.
There needs to be reasonable evidence or a conjecture by someone that
knows something about the code. If HS were the only thing changed in
recovery in this release, that might not seem reasonable, but since we
have much new code and I am not the only developer, it is.

Normal shutdown didn't work on a standby before HS was committed and it
didn't work afterwards either. Use all the capitals you like but if you
use poor arguments and combine that with no evidence then we'll not get
very far, either in working together or in solving the actual bugs.
Please don't continue to make wild speculations about things related to
HS and recovery, so that issues do not become confused; there is no need
to comment on every thread.