On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 14:43 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> I thought that it
>> would be a good idea for Simon to look at it because, on the surface,
>> it APPEARS to have something to do with Hot Standby, since that's what
>> Stefan was testing when he found it.
>
> He was also testing SR, yet you haven't breathed a word about that for
> some strange reason. It didn't APPEAR like it was HS at all, not from
> basic logic or from technical knowledge. So you'll have to forgive me if
> I don't leap into action when you say something is an HS problem in the
> future.

Well, the original subject line of the report had mentioned SR only,
but I had a specific theory about what might be happening that was
related to the operation of HS.  You've said that you think my guess
is incorrect, and that's very possible, but until we actually find and
fix the bug we're all just guessing.  I wasn't intending to cast
aspersions on your code.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company