On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For committers.

Perhaps this discussions should be moved to the General list in order
to poll the userbase.

My .02 is that SHOW commands (even if they are not compatible) would
make it much easier for me to make an argument to my boss to at least
consider moving off another open source database. The show commands
are in *very* widespread use by the MySQL community even after ~5
years of having the i_s. The Drizzle team (a radical fork of MySQL)
very briefly considered removing the SHOW commands and the unanimous
objections that followed caused that idea to scrapped.

--
Rob Wultsch
wult...@gmail.com