On 11/01/2010 11:28 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
  The fundamental issue here is that the contents of plperl_proc_desc
structs are different between the trigger and non-trigger cases.
Unless you're prepared to make them the same, and guarantee that they
always will be the same in future, I think that including the istrigger
flag in the hash key is a good safety feature.  It's also the same way
that the other three PLs do things, and I see no good excuse for plperl
to do things differently here.

IOW, it's not broke, let's not fix it.

Ok, then let's make a note in the code to this effect. When the question was asked before about why it was there nobody seemed to have any good answer.

cheers

andrew