Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Why is there a variadic replace() in this patch at all?  It seems just
> about entirely unrelated to the stated purpose of the patch, as well
> as being of dubious usefulness.

It used not to being exposed at the SQL level, but just an internal loop
in pg_execute_sql_file() when using the placeholders enabled
variant. Then Itagaki wanted me to expose internals so that he basically
can implement the logics in SQL directly.  It seems like we went a step
too far in exposing this facility too.  Agreed in removing it at the SQL
level.

I assume you want me to prepare a patch, I'm not sure about being able
to send it to the list before Thursday --- unless I get around the git
network errors at pgday.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine