On 12/15/2010 10:17 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Alvaro Herrera<alvhe...@commandprompt.com>  writes:
Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of mié dic 15 02:08:24 -0300 2010:
That didn't work. But git bisect says it's this commit that's to blame:
<https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/e710b65c1c56ca7b91f662c63d37ff2e72862a94>
Hmm I wonder if this is reproducible in a non-Windows EXEC_BACKEND
scenario.
I'm pretty sure I tried the no-flat-files code in that scenario while
writing it.  But it might be worth trying that again.  You'd think
though that if EXEC_BACKEND were sufficient to provoke it, all Windows
builds would fail.  I'm still mystified by what is the difference
between Andrew's non-working installation and working mingw builds.

This is a new installation of Mingw. The buildfarm animals were set up years ago, with substantially older versions of Mingw. SO ISTM that either we have tickled a new bug of theirs or their new setup has tickled a bug of ours.

cheers

andrew