On 12/15/2010 11:49 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander<mag...@hagander.net>  writes:
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 17:43, Tom Lane<t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
Do we use configure at all on a mingw build?  If we don't, then
HAVE_INT_OPTRESET is surely not getting defined.
We do use configure on mingw. The output from a regular mingw
configure run formed the base for the config file we use for MSVC
where we can't run it, but an actual mingw build will re-run configure
every time.
Hm.  It still seems pretty likely to me that the root cause is a change
in mingw's getopt library function, but I don't have a theory about the
precise mechanism.  Is there any convenient place where we can look at
the current version of their library sources, as well as the version in
use in the working buildfarm members?

I think you're probably right. narwhal reports having optreset, but my Mingw reports not having it, so this looks like a likely culprit.

cheers

andrew