Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> And here is where it changed:
> <http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=24832>

>     * A replacement implementation for the getopt() family of functions,
>        adding support for the GNU getopt_long_only() function.  Users
>        should note that this intentionally *removes* support for the BSD
>        or Mac OS-X specific, and non-standard, `optreset' global variable;
>        to reset the getopt() scanner, use `optind = 0;' instead of relying
>        on this non-standard, non-portable and now-unsupported feature.

Great.  So instead of a nonstandard but pretty portable API, they
decided on a nonstandard interpretation of optind ... which absolutely
will not work for our usage, because we need to be able to tell getopt
to skip over --single, even if we were willing to figure out whether
getopt behaves this way or the more usual way.  Dolts.

While I don't mind forcing use of our getopt() on mingw, I'm a mite
concerned by the idea that this might represent an upstream change we'll
soon see elsewhere, rather than just mingw-specific brain damage.
Anybody know?