On 2011-02-28 9:03 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Marko Tiikkaja<marko.tiikk...@cs.helsinki.fi>  writes:
On 2011-02-28 8:22 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
So: exactly what is the intended behavioral change as of now, and what
is the argument supporting that change?

The only intended change is what I was wondering in the original post:
snapshot handling between normal execution and EXPLAIN ANALYZE when a
query expands to multiple trees because of rewrite rules.  Like I said
earlier, this is just a bugfix now that wCTEs don't need it anymore.

OK, and which behavior is getting changed, to what?  I am not interested
in trying to reverse-engineer a specification from the patch.

My recollection is (and the archives seem to agree) that normal execution and SQL functions were changed to only advance the CID instead of taking a new snapshot. EXPLAIN ANALYZE and SPI (not exactly sure about this one) did that already so they were just changed to use the new API.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja