On 06/13/2011 10:25 AM, Dave Page wrote:

Don't hold your breath.  We'll probably be making enough changes in the
FDW infrastructure (particularly planner support) that making an FDW
work on both 9.1 and 9.2 would be an exercise in frustration, if it's
even possible.
Oh joy. There's a GSoC student working on 2 non-trivial FDW's right
now, and I have a couple I've been working on. If we're going to make
the API incompatible to that extent, we might as well not bother :-(

If nobody bothers then there won't be any experience on which to base a stable API. In particular, I think it's crucial that we get working FDWs for MySQL, SQLServer and Oracle ASAP.

cheers

andrew