On 15/06/11 02:52, Cédric Villemain wrote:
2011/6/3 Mark Kirkwood<mark.kirkw...@catalyst.net.nz>:

Corrected v4 patch with the test files, for completeness. Note that
discussion has moved on and there will be a v5 :-)

Mark, can you submit your updated patch ?

Thanks for the reminder! Here is v5. The changes are:

- guc is called temp_file_limit, which seems like the best choice to date :-) - removed code to do with truncating files, as after testing I agree with you that temp work files don't seem to get truncated.

I have not done anything about the business on units - so we are in KB still - there is no MB unit avaiable in the code as yet - I'm not sure we need one at this point, as most folk who use this feature will find 4096GB a big enough *per backend* limit. Obviously it might be a good investment to plan to have MB, and GB as possible guc units too. Maybe this could be a separate piece of work since any *other* resource limiters we add might find it convenient to have these available?

Cheers

Mark