On 21/06/11 02:39, Cédric Villemain wrote:
2011/6/20 Robert Haas<robertmh...@gmail.com>:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric.villemain.deb...@gmail.com>  wrote:
The feature does not work exactly as expected because the write limit
is rounded per 8kB because we write before checking. I believe if one
write a file of 1GB in one pass (instead of repetitive 8kB increment),
and the temp_file_limit is 0, then the server will write the 1GB
before aborting.
Can we rearrange thing so we check first, and then write?
probably but it needs more work to catch corner cases. We may be safe
to just document that (and also in the code). The only way I see so
far to have a larger value than 8kB here is to have a plugin doing the
sort instead of the postgresql core sort algo.

Thanks guys - will look at moving the check, and adding some documentation about the possible impacts of plugins (or new executor methods) that might write in chunks bigger than blocksz.

Maybe a few days - I'm home sick ATM, plus looking after these http://www.maftet.co.nz/kittens.html

Cheers

Mark