On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 19:13, Kevin Grittner
<kevin.gritt...@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
>> For example, you might want to copy the archives to more than one
>> place for safety reasons.
>
> We've never felt that the way to do that was to put the logic for it
> in the archive script -- we archive to a local directory and set up
> rsync tasks on cron to distribute it.  Otherwise you might not
> archive to one target if the other is down, or might have trouble
> catching up with a target when it comes back from being down.

Archiving it locally will give you a window of lost data if you crash.

The point being - different people have different requirements, which
is one thing our currently solution is very good at catering to - the
downside being lots of work. I don't think dumbing down the system is
a good idea - but shipping an example script probably is.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/