On 02/19/2012 05:37 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
Please retest with wal_buffers 128MB, checkpoint_segments 1024

The test parameters I'm using aim to run through several checkpoint cycles in 10 minutes of time. Bumping up against the ugly edges of resource bottlenecks is part of the test. Increasing checkpoint_segments like that would lead to time driven checkpoints, either 1 or 2 of them during 10 minutes. I'd have to increase the total testing time by at least 5X to get an equal workout of the system. That would be an interesting data point to collect if I had a few weeks to focus just on that test. I think that's more than pgbench testing deserves though.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD