On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am speaking up now as this is the first time I am told I have to wait
>>> another year for this feature to arrive.
>>
>> Really?  You've never seen a patch punted to the next release before
>> because it wasn't robust enough?  Considering that I see your  name
>> mentioned in the 8.2 release notes, I find that a bit hard to believe.
>
> Hannu didn't say he hadn't seen a patch punted. He said this was the
> first time he knew he would have to wait another year for the feature
> to arrive.

Oh.  I misunderstood what he was saying, then.

When ANY patch is still pending after a month of CommitFest, everyone
should assume it's in trouble.  Triply so if it's a big patch.  We are
almost three months into this one, and the patch in question is very
large.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company