"anara...@anarazel.de" <and...@anarazel.de> writes:
> Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> schrieb:
>> The people who are content to do that don't need this patch at all.
>> They can just apply a regexp to the message that comes back from the
>> server and then set constraint_name based on what pops out of the
>> regex.  And then do just what you did there.

> Easier said than done if you're dealing with pg installations with different
> lc_messages...

Exactly.  To my mind, the *entire* point of this patch is to remove the
need for people to try to dig information out of potentially-localized
message strings.  It's not clear to me that we have to strain to provide
information that isn't in the currently-reported messages --- we are
only trying to make it easier for client-side code to extract the
information it's likely to need.