On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> There are still 34 items needing attention in CF3.  I suggest that, if
>> you have some spare time, your help would be very much appreciated
>> there.  The commitfest that started on Jan 15th has 65 extra items.
>> Anything currently listed in CF3 can rightfully be considered to be part
>> of CF4, too.
>
> In case you hadn't noticed, we've totally lost control of the CF
> process.  Quite aside from the lack of progress on closing CF3, major
> hackers who should know better are submitting significant new feature
> patches now, despite our agreement in Ottawa that nothing big would be
> accepted after CF3.  At this point I'd bet against releasing 9.3 during
> 2013.

I have been skimming the commitfest application, and unlike some of
the previous commitfests a huge number of patches have had review at
some point in time, but probably need more...so looking for the red
"Nobody" in the 'reviewers' column probably understates the shortage
of review.

I'm curious what the qualitative feelings are on patches or clusters
thereof and what kind of review would be helpful in clearing the
field.

--
fdr