On 04/04/13 05:36, David E. Wheeler wrote:
On Apr 3, 2013, at 9:30 AM, Tom Lane<t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:

Fortran ... Basic ... actually I'd have thought that zero was a
minority position.  Fashions change I guess.
I say we turn the default lower bound up to 11.

David

In keeping with the level of irrationality in this thread, maybe we should set it to an irrational number like the square root of 2, or transcend our selves and make in a transcendental number like pi! :-)

I suppose using the square root of minus one would be consider too
imaginative???  :-)

Nah, that would make arrays have 2 dimensions as a minimum... :-)

Cheers,
Gavin

--
Zoltán Böszörményi