On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 01:05:30PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> I re-ran the benchmark that's had me most worried against the
> committed code and things look good so far.  I've been keeping quiet
> because my tests recently have all agreed with what Ants already
> described.  This is more a confirmation summary than new data.

I came across this today: Data Integrity Extensions, basically a
standard for have an application calculate a checksum of a block and
submitting it together with the block so that the disk can verify that
the block it is writing matches what the application sent.

It appears SCSI has standardised on a CRC-16 checksum with polynomial
0x18bb7 .

https://oss.oracle.com/~mkp/docs/dix-draft.pdf

Not directly relavent to PostgreSQL now, but possibly in the future.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <klep...@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer