Note about the POC patch limitations/questions:

 - is deriving a schedule with a piece of shell okay?
   or should perl/python/whatever scripting be better?

I would think all we need are the results, i.e. the schedule files, plus some Makefile entries for them.

You can replicate data, but maintaining a set of files consistently looks like a bad idea to me, because it means that you have to update all replicated data for all changes. The current status is that there are two files, parallel & sequential, so it is not too bad. With big tests that could be 4, so it seems reasonnable to have at least some automatic derivation.

 - I'm really not sure about VPATH stuff.

This should be totally transparent to VPATH builds.

Sure:-) It means that I have not tested that, so it may or may not work.

 - I do not understand why the makefile specifies $(srcdir) before
   local files in some places.

For VPATH builds :-)

Hmmm. That is not what I call "transparent":-) So I understand that derived files should not have them, because they would be put in the build tree instead of the source tree.

--
Fabien.