On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:17:41PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Good points.  I have modified the attached patch to do as you suggested.

Also, I have read through the thread and summarized the positions of the
posters:

                          9.3     WARNING                 ERROR
  SET                     none    Tom, DavidJ, AndresF    Robert, Kevin
  SAVEPOINT               error                           Tom, DavidJ, Robert,
AndresF, Kevin
  LOCK, DECLARE           error                           Tom, DavidJ, Robert,
AndresF, Kevin

Everyone seems to agree that SAVEPOINT, LOCK, and DECLARE should remain
as errors.  Everyone also seems to agree that BEGIN and COMMIT should
remain warnings, and ABORT should be changed from notice to warning.

Our only disagreement seems to be how to handle the SET commands, which
used to report nothing.  Would anyone else like to correct or express an
opinion?  Given the current vote count and backward-compatibility,
warning seems to be the direction we are heading.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us

  + Everyone has their own god. +