On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
> > I've applied this and backpatched to 9.3 and 9.2, which is as far back as
> > it goes cleanly.
>
> > In 9.1 the build system looked significantly different, which makes it
> > strange since the original report in this thread was about 9.1 but the
> > patch supplied clearly wasn't for that.
>
> > Does somebody want to look at backpatching this to 9.1 and earlier, or
> > should we just say that it's not fully supported on those Windows
> versions
> > unless you apply the registry workaround?
>
> The question I think needs to be asked is not that, but "what about the
> mingw and cygwin builds?".

Cygwin has their own implementation of fork(). So the fix there has to be
done in cygwin and not us - presumably they have either already fixed it,
or will fix it in order to get general compatibility with the new ASLR
versions.

Mingw is a different story. But some googling indicates that mingw disables
ASLR by default. You need to specify --dynamicbase if you want to to be
dynamic, which we don't. (Being mingw I've not managed to find any actual
docs, but for example
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-dev/2012-August/001373.html seems
to indicate it has to be enabled).

--