> I personally don't see how this patch is 'ready for committer'. I realize
> that that state is sometimes used to denote that review needs to be
> "escalated", but it still seemspremature.
>
> Unless I miss something there hasn't been any API level review of this?
> Also, aren't there several open items?

Even though some interface specifications are revised according to the
comment from Tom on the last development cycle, the current set of
interfaces are not reviewed by committers. I really want this.

Here are two open items that we want to wait for committers comments.

* Whether set_cheapest() is called for all relkind?

This pactch moved set_cheapest() to the end of set_rel_pathlist(),
to consolidate entrypoint of custom-plan-provider handler function.
It also implies CPP can provider alternative paths towards non-regular
relations (like sub-queries, functions, ...).
Hanada-san wonder whether we really have a case to run alternative
sub-query code. Even though I don't have usecases for alternative
sub-query execution logic, but we also don't have a reason why not
to restrict it.

* How argument of add_path handler shall be derivered?

The handler function (that adds custom-path to the required relation
scan if it can provide) is declared with an argument with INTERNAL
data type. Extension needs to have type-cast on the supplied pointer
to customScanArg data-type (or potentially customHashJoinArg and
so on...) according to the custom plan class.
I think it is well extendable design than strict argument definitions,
but Hanada-san wonder whether it is the best design.

> Perhaps there needs to be a stage between 'needs review' and 'ready for
> committer'?

It needs clarification of 'ready for committer'. I think interface
specification is a kind of task to be discussed with committers
because preference/viewpoint of rr-reviewer are not always same
opinion with them.

Thanks,
--
NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kai...@ak.jp.nec.com>