Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If it weren't for the fact that we'll be wedded forevermore to a bad
>> choice of syntax, I might agree with you.  But at this point, the
>> alternatives we have are to fix it now, or fix it never.  I don't
>> like #2.

> Or postpone the release for another month or two.  There's still a few
> other unresolved issues, too, like the problems with psql and expanded
> mode; and the JSONB toast problems.  The latter is relatively new, but
> we don't have a proposed patch for it yet unless there's on in an
> email I haven't read yet, and the former has been lingering for many
> months without getting appreciably closer to a resolution.

Yeah, if we do anything about JSONB we are certainly going to need another
beta release, which means final couldn't be before end of Sept. at the
very earliest.  Still, it's always been project policy that we ship when
it's ready, not when the calendar hits some particular point.

As for the expanded-mode changes, I thought there was consensus to
revert that from 9.4.