On 10/4/14, 2:58 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
I've committed changes for this in advance of the upcoming 9.4beta3
>release.  Hopefully, if this is seriously bad for anyone, we'll hear
>about it from beta testers before it gets into any official back-branch
>releases.
The changes for the Russian Federation timezones taking effect October
26 reinforces our need to get a new set of minor releases out soon.  In
fact, those storing future dates might already need those updates.
This is why I wish we had a data type that stored the timezone that was
originally in effect. :/