On Sat, Oct  4, 2014 at 03:01:45PM -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 10/4/14, 2:58 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >>I've committed changes for this in advance of the upcoming 9.4beta3
> >The changes for the Russian Federation timezones taking effect October
> >26 reinforces our need to get a new set of minor releases out soon.  In
> >fact, those storing future dates might already need those updates.
> This is why I wish we had a data type that stored the timezone that was
> originally in effect. :/

Uh, if we stored the _offset_ that was in effect at the time of storage,
it would actually be _worse_ because the new timezone database would not
adjust existing stored values.  If we stored the name of the time zone,
I am not sure how that would help us here.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us

  + Everyone has their own god. +