On 01/21/2015 11:21 AM, Arne Scheffer wrote:

Why is it a bad thing to call the column "stddev_samp" analog to the
aggregate function or make a note in the documentation, that the sample stddev is used to compute the solution?

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, frankly. These stats are not intended as anything other than a pretty indication of the shape, to see if they are significantly influenced by outliers. For any significantly large sample size the difference will be negligible.

But I will add a note to the documentation, that seems reasonable.

cheers

andrew