> src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c happen to have hard-coded PUBLIC role name.
> It completly breaks dumps when run with Turksh locale setting. In my
> opinion making it lower-case would do much good and no harm. A mini
> patch is given below.

Hmmmm...does putting double quotes (eg. "PUBLIC") around the public word fix
it?

> On the other hand, I was thinking about wrapping all the identifiers in
> dump files in single quotes. It is done in "SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION"
> clause. Is there a reason for not doing this with table and colum names?

You can't put single quotes around table and column names.  You need to use
double quotes as they are identifiers rather than literals.

Bear in mind that some improvements have been made in Postgres 7.3 with
regards to quoting, so have you checked 7.3?

Chris