On Thursday 05 December 2002 09:37, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > However, I seriously question the need in the long term for our sites to
> > be as fractured as they are.  Good grief!  We've got

> note that altho they are seperate URLs, the end result is going to be that
> http://www.postgresql.org we become the "town square" of sorts, which
> should be "real soon now" ...

> jdbc/odbc are 'project sites' off of gborg, similar to what sourceforge
> provides ...

Glad to hear this.

One question: is there any particular reason the www list is closed?  Just
curious -- reading archives of this list, or getting a digest or this list,
even in a read-only manner, might alleviate some misconceptions.  Those who
care can at least read what's planned for the web site.

As far as advocacy is concerned, I made a conscious decision to not read that
list -- I don't need to be convinced to use PostgreSQL. :-).  Nor am I
necessarily a good 'advocacy' person......my 'convincing' many times comes
across much different from what I meant.  So I don't read that list.

Can you (or Vince) distill a roadmap for the website and post here, on
hackers?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio