On 05/23/2015 11:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> writes:
On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 04:16:07AM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
-   if (IsA(node, Aggref) || IsA(node, GroupingFunc))
+   if (IsA(node, Aggref) ||IsA(node, GroupingFunc))

There's a bunch of changes like this. Looks rather odd to me? I don't
recall seing much code looking like that?
Wow, that is quite odd.
No, pgindent has *always* been wonky about lines that contain a typedef
name but are not variable declarations.  I've gotten in the habit of
breaking IsA tests like these into two lines:

        if (IsA(node, Aggref) ||
            IsA(node, GroupingFunc))

just so that it doesn't look weird when pgindent gets done with it.
You can see similar weirdness around sizeof usages, if you look.

Well, that sounds like something we should try to patch, doesn't it? (No, I'm not volunteering.)

cheers

andrew