Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> On 05/23/2015 11:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, pgindent has *always* been wonky about lines that contain a typedef
>> name but are not variable declarations.

> Well, that sounds like something we should try to patch, doesn't it?
> (No, I'm not volunteering.)

In the past, the main argument against changing pgindent has been that
it would cause reformatting of settled code.  For example, when Bruce
twiddled its right margin limit for comments around 8.1, that caused
literally years worth of back-patching pain.  If we can get to an
agreement on re-indenting back branches at the same time as master,
then this problem would go away, and I for one would get a lot more
enthusiastic about trying to improve pgindent rather than just working
around its oddities.

Not that I'm volunteering either right now.