On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 11:39:15 -0700
Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> On 07/25/2015 07:05 AM, Bill Moran wrote:
> >
> > If not, I'm going to make a little personal project of them for myself
> > (targeting 9.6).
> >

> Nope.  In fact, even the one which was 90% complete (replacing zlib with
> lz4) completely dropped off the radar.

Interesting ... I wasn't looking at doing that, rather adjusting the
decision logic on when to compress, as well as making the trigger values
configurable so as to open the TOAST logic up to easy user configuration
at the DB as well as the table level. I figure this will also need enough
testing to feel like we're shipping with reasonable default values.

I got the impression that this is something that's generally desired (it's
something _I'd_ like to have). If I'm not misunderstanding, then I'll get
started on a proposed patch.

--
Bill Moran