> On 8/31/15 11:59 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>
>> The transformation: text -> error level is common task - and PLpgSQL it
>> does in pl_gram.y. My idea is to add new function to error utils named
>> "parse_error_level" and use it from PLpgSQL and from your code.
>>

> Wouldn't it be better to create an ENUM of error levels instead of
> inventing more parsing code?

Do you think SQL ENUM? I little bit afraid about possible problems with
pg_upgrade.

It is not simple question - the ENUM can be interesting from custom space
perspective, but from our internal perspective the parsing function is more
practical - and faster. The error level is our internal value, and users
should not to read it - for this purpouse is error level.